Dr. Alkhatib and his team of health professionals will greet you and start your visit with a discussion of your symptoms, sport, level of competition, desired activity level and mechanism of injury. Next, the doctor will exam your biceps, focusing on:
- Evidence of bruising (ecchymosis)
- Evidence of tenderness, especially surrounding the biceps muscle and tendon
- Whether or not the distal biceps tendon can be felt or not
- Whether or not proximal muscle retraction is seen in the upper arm
- Weakness when arm is flexed
Dr. Alkhatib may request an MRI to confirm the rupture or any degeneration.